Announcing downtown Milwaukee's most affordable accommodation for
- In McCormick Residence Hall on the campus of Marquette
University, its Wisconsin Avenue location is near buses,
taxis, trains, trolleys and lakefront festivals.
- Singles, doubles, families, groups from only $17, plus
- Common rooms, lounge, kitchen, laundry, game room and
- We welcome guests of all ages!
- No curfew! 24 hour security.
- Bed linens and towels included.
- Room phones -- Local calls are free!
- Friendly hosts to assist you.
- We accept cash, Visa and MasterCard.
Click here to read the
official press release
Come explore Milwaukee, "The City of Festivals."
- Ethnic festivals throughout the season.
- World famous Summerfest music festival in June.
- Tour world class museums, historic buildings, threaters,
- Marvel at the Great Circus Parade.
- Watch major league baseball.
- Stroll the Milwaukee River Walk.
- Soak up the sun on Lake Michigan beaches.
- There's something for everyone!
Special Note for Midwest USA Visitors
Milwaukee is conveniently located between Chicago,
Illinois and Madison,
Wisconsin. Both of these cities have established
Season, Rates, hours, and reservations
- From June 1st through August 7th 2001.
Rates (tax extra):
- Shared Room: $17 HI members, $20 non-members
- Triple room with private bath: $55
- Parking: $3.50 per day
- Check-in/access hours: 8am to 11 am and 5pm to 10pm.
- The hostel is "locked out" between 11am and
5pm. Please plan accordingly.
Information and Reservations (credit card required to make
- phone: (414) 961-2525 until June 1, 2001
- phone: (414) 288-3232 after June 1, 2001
- FAX (414) 961-2676 until June 1, 2001
Street Address and Directions
1530 West Wisconsin Avenue,
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Directions to the Hostel
If you prefer, click here for
an interactive Yahoo! Maps map of the hostel.
Otherwise here are the driving/walking/riding directions:
- Hostel is in McCormick Hall. Look for the HI Blue Triangle Logo
- From Amtrak train station, walk 4 blocks north to Wisconsin
Avenue. Take Milwaukee County Transit bus #10 or #30
west to 16th Street..
- From Badger or Greyhound Bus Stations: Both are just 1/2
block south of Wisconsin Avenue. Walk to Wisconsin
Avenue then ride the #10 or #30 bus west to 16th Street.
- By car from the north, Take Interstate 43 south
to downtown Milwaukee area. Exit #72C. Stay
straight on 11th Street for 2 blocks to Wisconsin
Avenue. Turn west (right) to the hostel.
- By car from the west, Take I-94 east to downtown
Milwaukee area. Exit 13th Street (#310A). Turn
left and drive one block to West Clybourn Street.
Turn left and drive 3 blocks to 16th Street. Turn
right -- it is two blocks to Wisconsin Avenue.
- By car from the south, Head northbound on either
I-43 or I-94. When you reach the downtown area,
continue north on I-43 (toward Green Bay). Exit at
the Civic Center/Kilbourn Avenue (exit #72C) through the
tunnel. Turn right on 6th Street and drive two
blocks to Wisconsin Avenue. Turn right and drive to
- Parking is 1/2 block north of Wisconsin Avenue on
Would you like to help us?
Even if you don't need accommodation, we'd love to have you
help us make this hostel successful and ongoing. Please drop
us a message if you're interested in volunteering your time